Wednesday, October 22, 2008

What to make next...

Tomorrow is my sewing day which means that today I'm dreaming up all the new items I'll be making! I have some utterly luscious olive green knit for another Grace tunic and an elegant red and black brocade for a fancy night-out jacket based on the Lara robe. Still trying to decide if it'll rate it's own name or not. Probably. Yet another thing to percolate over the next 24 hours.

After these two items, what should I focus on next?

Some possibilities:
- Increasing the size range. If nothing else, I need to downsize the Grace tunic so I can snag one for myself!
- Sourcing some good knit for the Brianna cardigan. My little local store just doesn't have anything the right weight
- Testing out some new fabrics. Velvet for the robe? Or crushed panne velvet for the Grace tunic? What would a robe made up in Sari fabric look like?
- Turning the various items into sewing patterns, specifically intro-to-sewing patterns for newbie sewites.
- Make up a new item altogether. I have a skirt in mind, and some knit shirts that might be just a little to gothic for my shop's current feel. Lots to think about!

No comments: