Sunday, January 25, 2009

New Robes!

Yesterday I spent a nice afternoon working on two of three more robes that'll go up in my store soon. And since I went through an inexplicable blue period last November and STILL haven't sold off any of that stuff (what's with the blue hate, people?) I went with a round of pretty, feminine pink. 'Sides, it ties in well with Valentines day!

I went with a soft coral pink and white with one robe - very restful, I thought. The pink is from fabric.com (LOVE that place!) and the white is from Joann's. It has the faintest of patterns embossed on it which seems to give it some nice depth, not that you can see it from here.



This is my favorite. The body fabric is from a cute little quilting store near Austin that we stopped in on while visiting my grandparents over Thanksgiving. Sooo soft and smooth and great colors. And the velvet adds such a great, luxurious edge to the look.



I still have to press, hem, and topstitch them and clean up the threads but at least you can see what they look like! I'm proud of them.

No comments: